random thoughts • coming attractions • euphoric visions • misc ephemera

life is getting real interesting lately, isn't it?

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Animation Mentor is a Wrap!

 ********************

Where does the time go? Into a lot of hours at the computer pushing, pulling, squashing, stretching, deforming, overlapping and following through!

********************
I am happy to announce that I have successfully completed the 18 month long Animation Mentor program!!

What a great journey it was, being exposed to so many top animation professionals sharing all their secrets and techniques. Their unabated enthusiasm for this artform was infectious. The program was everything I hoped it would be, and I believe it has opened the doors wide to a great career in animation. While this current economy may mean that a job at a large studio won't happen as soon as I would like, I am nevertheless confidant that I now possess the knowledge I need to take me wherever I want to go with this. Of course, there is much more to discover through practice and experimentation. I am cognizant of the flaws and faults that have yet to be ironed out with experience. But no longer do I feel that I am missing any pieces of the puzzle, and it will be my unflagging passion that takes me the rest of the way. How great is that?

Here's a link to my current demo reel: http://vimeo.com/channels/stardial

No comments:

Post a Comment