random thoughts • coming attractions • euphoric visions • misc ephemera

life is getting real interesting lately, isn't it?

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Preparations

The Pivotvfx start date is now the 7th of January, so I'll have some time to explore my new neighborhood in Albuquerque. Thanks to a good friend, I've rented a casita near Old Town that is just perfect. It's 1 mile from work, and I'll have the use of a bicycle too. I'm checking around the neighborhood, and there do seem to be some interesting places to visit during my free time, including a live rattlesnake museum about five blocks away. As if I didn't have enough to keep me awake at night.
Nice to have this extra time to transition from home life in CT. The next four months should be so busy that I won't notice the passage of time, but I imagine there will be moments that take me by surprise and remind me how far away I am. Despite the distance and time apart, however, this is a journey that my wife and I are taking together. It is one that we have been working on for many years. Time to toast. To a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment