random thoughts • coming attractions • euphoric visions • misc ephemera

life is getting real interesting lately, isn't it?

Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Deja Vu All Over Again

A lot of work goes into the development of our thesis films made at SVA. A two-year process starts out with kicking around story ideas, followed by preliminary sketches, then storyboards, animatics, early modeling, pre-vis renders... it's a lot of material that usually ends up stored in the closet when the final film is made. Apparently this is not to be the fate of my project.

I was just contacted by a college professor I met at the Santa Fe Film Festival last October, where "Deja Vu" was part of the lineup. He teaches screenwriting at Santa Fe University, and I had the opportunity to share some of my storyboard materials with him.

He just emailed me with a request to include all my development materials - script, storyboard, and pre-vis for "Deja Vu" in a textbook he is writing for 2011 publication!

I said yes.

(you can be sure I'll work in a credit for SVA and Jeffrey Lerer)

1 comment: