random thoughts • coming attractions • euphoric visions • misc ephemera

life is getting real interesting lately, isn't it?

Monday, September 6, 2010

Yo Ho!

Took the #6 subway to Astor Place all last week, working at Curious Pictures animating characters on a Nick Jr. show called "Team Umizoomi". This is a show in the Blues Clues genre geared for toddlers. An additional perk to working here is enjoying the company of Angelo Collazo, a friend who shared the SVA experience with me.

This is my first NY job working with character animation in Maya, and it's great to be able to play with performance. I always knew that my prior acting experience would assist me with my animation work, but it's funny how direct it is right off the bat. While I probably shouldn't say what characters I am working on ( I don't recall signing a non-disclosure agreement, but who knows how many 3-to-5 year olds are reading this, and I don't want to throw out any spoilers ;^), so here are two pics from past acting and puppeteering roles that are proving to be useful reference for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment